What We Look For
- Work Ethic
- Self Motivated
- Competitive Nature
Come join a fast paced, growing team where your career potential is limitless!
In this role, you will:
- Generate and acquire new business through aggressive lead generation and outbound freight inquiry.
- Knowledgeably negotiate rates with customers for transportation services that fit customers’ needs.
- Respond to sales inquiries and use the team’s knowledge of the market to provide strategic pricing.
- Manage day-to-day operations of all related accounts.
- Collaborate with your sales team and celebrate wins of the entire team
What are we looking for?
- 1+ years sales experience preferred (cold calling, relationship building over the phone or via email, tracking of leads through spreadsheets or CRM software)
- Hunter mindset
- Comfortable with computers and even more comfortable with dialing phones.
- Proactive follow up and communication abilities
- Team oriented with a spirit for fun!
The Good Stuff:
- For the first 16 weeks (or less!), earn a base salary and be a part of a top quality training and mentorship program to prepare you for success.
- After “graduating” from our training program, unleash your potential with a base salary + commission program.
- We offer health, dental, and vision coverage options.
- Our Paid Time Off (PTO) program has quick growth with work/life balance in mind!
By recognizing life isn’t between the lines on the highway, it’s what you leave at home; we can better understand our driver’s needs. We want our drivers to have the best of both worlds, so we ensure that they have time at home with their families while still making a living on the road. We do this by using direct customers out and back loads, dedicated lanes and assigned equipment. You will be dispatched by a team that makes sure you have a say in what you do.
We work together through training, safety, and continued education to create a driver environment that is revolutionary in our industry. Our drivers and dispatchers work together to achieve the best service, which is why SLG is the only company our customers call.
Summit Logistics group uses brand new equipment serviced by Ryder. We are headquartered in Wilmington, NC.
Minimum Driver Requirements
- Must be 21 or older
- Class A CDL
- 1 Year of OTR or Regional experience in last 3 years
- No preventable fatalities
- No more than 1 major + 2 minor accidents in last 3 years
- No reckless driving in last 3 years
SLG DRIVERS CARRY US ™ Compensation and Benefits Package
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus (paid in 4 quarterly installments)
- 70% Employer Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for you and your immediate family
- Life Insurance Package
- Retirement Benefits with Annual Performance-Based Company Contributions
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Layover Pay
- 34 Hour Restart (paid hotel room 1st night)
- Detention Pay
- End Of Year Performance Bonuses in Unlimited Dollar Amount